Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Provence Color Chalk Paint Side Table

This is a work in progress- These are my before shots! I can't wait to see how it turns out!! I am going to paint this table in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint color/Provence and change the knobs!!







Let's get started. You should always start your furniture painting by flipping the piece upside down. I put the first coat of chalk paint on the cabinet. The color I choose to paint this is "Provence" by Annie Sloan. This cabinet reminds me of a piece of furniture that you may see used in a cottage decor.  That is why I choose this color.
I finished the first coat on the outside so now I paint my first coat on the inside.
I pulled the drawer out and I now have a coat of paint on every thing.
I decided to put two coats of paint on this piece of furniture because it had that dark green color on it and I did not want that color to bleed thru to my lighter color.
As you can see by this pic that it did need two coats of paint.
I have now finished the table with my paint color choice. I decided to rub Annie Sloan clear wax on this table. I used a wax brush to put the wax on with. Use a piece of cheese cloth to wipe the wax down with after brushing on. Make sure to rub the wax in on all cracks. Do not put the wax on a large area and let dry. The key to chalk paint is to keep your wax even. Or you will have a piece of furniture shiny on some areas and dull on some areas.  It does not take a lot of wax. If your piece of furniture does not dry quickly that means you have put to much wax on the furniture.  Or if it dries and you have rubbed it down and it feels chalky to much wax. Just keep rubbing to get the wax rubbed in.
I like to make my painted pieces shiny so the more you rub the shinier it will be.
This is my finished product. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought these cute clear heart knobs. I also painted over the brass hinges so you could not see them.
I love this piece of furniture. It does not look like the green piece that I started out with. Oh the miracle of chalk paint.
Love this!!!!!!
Come by Wisteria Lane to see it in person. Have fun chalk painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment