Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Emperor's Silk Chalk Paint Table

This was my first chalk paint trial.  It was so easy and fun!!  If I can do it  anyone can do it!!!  Here are a few pictures of the finished product.  Sorry everyone I did not do before shots. When I bought this table at a flea market it was already painted white.
I painted this table with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint" Emperor's Red."  I put one coat on the table and I let it dry over night. Then I put Annie Sloan Dark Wax on the table. I rubbed the wax on then went behind it with a rag to rub off any extra wax. I usually rub my wax on the furniture pieces if they are small and do not have a lot of grooves.  I love the front detail on this table. That is why I bought it.
After the wax was dry I took a soft sanding block and rubbed over every thing that I wanted to stand out. Then I took a  cheese cloth rag and rubbed the table until I got the shine that I wanted.
This is the back side of my table.
I loved this table so much that I kept it. It looks great in my house. I love the color RED!
You can try it to! I gave you the products that I used and the steps!!! Have fun! The miracle of chalk paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment