Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Shelf Stand/Napoleonic Blue and Old White

This floor shelf was a dark brown stain when I started painting it. I will start making before shots on my work in progress.  I used Annie Sloan chalk paint color/Napoleonic Blue and Old White.

As you can see I started painting the piece upside down. You should start painting all pcs upside down.
You can see where I put one coat of Old White on the shelf and I let it dry over night.
I decided to tint my wax in the Napoleonic Blue. This was an experiment that turned out pretty cool.
I put some Annie Sloan clear wax and Annie Sloan dark wax in a bowl together then poured the Napoleonic Blue in with it. I guessed on how much to mix hoping it would cover the entire pc of furniture.
 I started painting this mixture on the shelf while rubbing with a rag any excess wax. I rubbed the high points a little harder to make it stand out. I let it dry over night.  The next day I flipped the shelf up and did the top part of it and let it dry over night.
I decided to leave more of my wax mixture on the shelves so they would stand out too. When it was dry I took a rag and rubbed all over it until I got the shine that I wanted.
This is the finished product. As you can see the shelves are darker due to mixing more dark wax on them. I wanted them to stand out. This piece is at my home decor store (Wisteria Lane) in Senoia.

This piece is really pretty. Come by my store and take a look at it. I love my chalk paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment